Corporate and Securities Law, Hedge Funds, Subprime Lending, Bankruptcy, CDOs and Synthetic Structures, Derivatives
Class Action and Complex Litigation
Antitrust and Trade Regulation, Insurance, Pharmaceutical, Employment, Product Liability, Mass Tort, Environment Law
Copyright Infringement, Patent, Trademark
The American Discovery Advantage
American Discovery Only Uses Licensed Attorneys
American Discovery combines its global law firm heritage with leading BPO processes. We only staff attorneys with requisite education and licensing credentials.
- Our Project Managers and members of our Quality Control staff maintain 7 to 10 years prior experience as litigation associates with Skadden; Winston & Strawn; and O’Melveny & Myers. We combine their expertise with attorneys with bar admissions in both the U.S. and the Philippines.
- We are the only outsourcing provider with a full staff of U.S. licensed attorneys in both the U.S. and offshore. Accordingly, we outperform most competitive outsourcing models while consistently performing at a level similar to or higher than large firm resources.
|U.S. Attorneys||Philippine Attorneys|
|Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution.||Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution.|
|3-year professional doctorate JD degree from an ABA accredited law school||4-year professional doctorate JD degree from an accredited law school.|
|Must pass a state Bar exam which is administered by a state bar.||Must pass a Bar exam which is administered by the Philippine Supreme Court.|
|Must be a member in good standing with the state bar and be current with CLE requirements.||Must be a member in good standing with the Integrated Bar of the Philippines and be current with CLE requirements.|
|Most with large firm experience.||Many possess U.S. bar admissions in California and New York.|
Similarities between the US and Philippine Legal Systems
Foreign Laguange Proficiency
We have an established team of review attorneys with validated foreign language proficiency. We currently support review projects in:
We use testing standards devised by leading linguistic experts previously associated with the Monterey Institute of International Studies (MIIS), The Defense Language Institute, The United Nations, and the American Translator Association (ATA). American Discovery assures that oral, written, and cultural comprehension are met in both English and the native language.
The Philippines Legal System is based on U.S Constitutional Law. Its Constitution, Bill of Rights, and government structure are derived from and modeled on the U.S.
- Laws governing trade and commerce, taxation, labor relations, and governmental operations, as well as the principle of judicial precedents are an American derivation.
- In the hierarchy of laws, the Constitution has the highest legal force, followed by domestic statutes.
- Philippine laws closely mirror U.S. laws including, but not limited to, the Securities Acts, intellectual property laws, and professional ethics.
- Philippine regulatory and oversight agencies mirror the U.S. (SEC/SEC, FBI/NBI, FDIC/PDIC, others).